Location: Evansville, Indiana
Mark is a partner at Danks & Danks and represents individuals and businesses throughout the mid-west.
Mark handles complex commercial and contractual litigation for the firm’s clients. He also assists clients with the drafting of financial, supply chain, logistics, real estate, employment, trade secrets, and other complex agreements.
Mark works with domestic and international businesses that provide solid waste and waste water disposal, anaerobic digester, gasifier, and power generation services. Mark also works with pharmaceutical companies, food and dairy manufacturers, financial institutions, commercial real estate developers, and other businesses. He has experience with the project and contract management, technical accounting and project finance requirements of capital replacement and waste to energy projects.
Mark has also worked on several renewable energy projects, including landfill gas, coal bed and coal mine methane, and other bio-mass wastes. Mark was a private sector delegate at the Washington International Renewable Energy Conference. More than 2,800 delegates from 119 countries attended this ministerial level conference. Government officials, energy experts and private sector delegates, discussed ways their countries could develop renewable energy, promote sustainable development, and reduce greenhouse emissions.
Mark has conducted numerous seminars, primarily in the area of contract and employment law, for contract managers and human resource professionals with information about legal issues in the field and with helpful, practical guidance to assist them in conducting day to day activities in the operation of their businesses.
Mark received a B.A. degree with honors from Wesleyan University (Connecticut) in 1979, and a J.D. degree from the University of Connecticut in 1984. He is admitted to practice in the State and Federal courts of Indiana and Connecticut, the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice
Business Counsel and Contracts
- Creditor’s Rights, Bankruptcy and Collections
- Economic Development
- Environmental Law
- Labor & Employment Law
- Litigation and Appellate Practice
- Natural Resource and Renewable Energy Law
- Wills, Trusts, Estates and Probate
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. – 1984
Wesleyan University, ConnecticutB.A. – 1979
- Honors: With Honors
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Evansville Bar Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Brooks American Inns of Court, Evansville, Indiana, Master, 1990 – Present
- ACLU of Indiana, 1990 – Present, Board Member
- Center City Corporation, Past Board Member
- Leadership Evansville, Past Board Member and Vice-President
- University of Southern Indiana Society of Arts and Humanities, Past Board Member
- Preservation Alliance of Evansville, Inc., Past Board Member
- Evansville Day School, Past Trustee
- Citizens Commission for the Future of Indiana Courts, Past Member
- National Issues Forums Institute, Washington, D.C., 1995 – 1999, Founding Board Member
- Kettering Foundation, Dayton, Ohio, Past Consultant
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member, Tri-State World Trade Network, Inc.
- Board Member, ACLU of Indiana
- Past Board Member, Center City Corporation
- Past Board Member and Vice-President, Leadership Evansville
- Past Board Member, University of Southern Indiana Society of Arts and Humanities
- Past Board Member, Preservation Alliance of Evansville, Inc.
- Past Trustee, Evansville Day School
- Past Member, Citizens Commission for the Future of Indiana Courts
- Founding Board Member of the National Issues Forums Institute, Washington, D.C., 1995 – 1999
- Past Consultant, Kettering Foundation, Dayton, Ohio